Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Briefly Noted: Full Disclosures

This should come as news to no one--I've always assumed that Dr. Robert Malone is liberal in his inclinations. It's just one of things that goes with the territory he has inhabited all his life, so I assume liberal inclinations on those that live and work there. I'm always happy to be wrong, but it's one of those show-me things.

To his credit, this morning he provides that full disclosure, and to his greater credit he acknowledges at least part of it to being mistaken rather than offering it as a belated effort to return to the woke world's good graces:


Robert W Malone, MD

@RWMaloneMD

To those that think I am posting due to my political bias.  News 4 you - it is because of my upbringing. I was taught to not lie. And I got fed up with the lies, misrepresentations, obfuscation, censorship, and imbicilic factchecking. I actually donated to the Biden campaign.

9:28 AM · Aug 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

@RWMaloneMD

Replying to 

@RWMaloneMD

And I am not the only one that made a mistake that I regret in this case.  I am confident that there are many others.  We all make mistakes, including myself. I should not have taken Moderna after having been infected in late Feb 2020.  That was also a mistake.


I see two major admissions in these tweets.

The first is that supporting the Dems was a mistake. If he actually donated to Zhou, I think we can safely assume that he supported--and quite possibly donated to--Hillary, Obama, and others of that ilk. In the first tweet he appears to be making the connection between dishonesty/authoritarianism and Dems. One wonders what could possibly have taken him so long to get woke to that. Remarkably, he doesn't even mention corruption. Some of my posts in the last few months that have touched on Globalism, corruption, and the Deep State have drawn on links offered in his tweets. Is his political consciousness newly awakened? I personally suspect that he has always followed politics, although perhaps in a lazy way and without too much historical and philosophical sophistication.

Now, none of that is to suggest that the GOP is immune from the same or, at least, related problems. It's only to argue that the degree of the problem is quite different, the threat to freedom and human decency is at a  different level. Even taking Malone's arguable lack of historical and philosophical sophistication into account, and allowing for the problems of the GOP, it's a bit of a mystery how someone who expresses manifest concern for health threats to women, children--who appear to be most at risk under the Covid Regime--could have supported Dem policies for so long. Presumably Malone is also concerned for those at most risk of victimization through disinformation through less fault of their own, yet where has he thought the biggest threat comes from: Left or Right?

As he says, we all make mistakes and, in politics, tradeoffs are inevitable. I haven't forgotten Bluto Barr--although in self defense I would argue that being mistaken about personal integrity is different than being mistaken about stated and articulated policy positions. Bluto talked the talk. And drew the line there. So now we have Malone appearing with the likes of Bannon and Tucker, and offering tweets like


RFK is a leader.  As is Peter.


In a very real sense that's as much a political statement as a scientific one--and, particularly re RFK, must have taken a bit of a struggle to come out with.

This tweet is also very much as political as it is scientific, although it is both--and quite deliberately so:


Robert W Malone, MD

@RWMaloneMD

· Aug 22

This is a great example of horrible US government public health messaging.  So condescending. So childish. 

 "y'all"??  Why not just address it "Dear deplorables".  Remember, the US Government (NIH) sponsors an outpatient ivermectin clinical trial which is currently enrolling.

Quote Tweet

U.S. FDA

@US_FDA

 · Aug 21

You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it. https://fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19


So, I guess the right approach is to say: Welcome aboard--we all have lots more to learn.

Regarding that second tweet, that's also quite an admission. When Malone, as a scientist, admits that he made a mistake in getting shot up with Moderna, he's admitting that he didn't do his scientific homework, that he trusted the medical establishment, that he was influenced by a reflexive bias in favor of vaccines--perhaps a mix of all the above. But that's an admission that goes against the world he has lived in, worked in, been accepted and honored in, all his life. In legal terms it could be considered a statement against interest.

And, of course, Malone isn't the only liberal coming to some of these realizations. The hope is that all this could lead them to reconsider other long held positions. We can use all the knowledgeable, articulate, and committed people as we can get on our side.


22 comments:

  1. "... in self defense I would argue, that being mistaken about personal integrity is different, than being mistaken about stated and articulated policy positions. Bluto talked the talk...."
    Of course, being mistaken about personal integrity is *quite* different, than being mistaken about stated and articulated policy positions.
    Making judgements about personal integrity involves a hugely different skill-set, than making judgements about policy positions (esp. as the latter relate to historical etc. data).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “Making judgements about personal integrity involves a hugely different skill-set.” Yes, namely mind-reading.

      All we ever have to go on when making such judgments is what we observe. And Barr’s was an award-winning performance. I, for one, was riveted by his appearances before Congress, the Federalist Society, Hillsdale College, etc. The treachery and deceit still stun me.

      Delete
    2. @Mouse: My thinking exactly. You said it best in your comment.

      Delete
    3. "All we ever have to go on when making such judgments is what we observe. And Barr’s was an award-winning performance."
      Alas, that Speeches etc. performance may've been award-winning, but some folks had doubts about his prior conduct as AG, as in the Ruby Ridge case.
      I'm not saying that it's easy, but we must try to judge the *whole* track record.

      Delete
    4. I was well aware of his earlier track record--I was an agent at that time and I was critical of what went down at Ruby Ridge. I believed that agents committed perjury and Barr allowed it. I mistakenly thought that he had learned from his mistakes.

      Delete
    5. "I mistakenly thought that he *had learned* from his mistakes."
      That call, or its reverse, is a tough one to make.

      Delete
  2. I like and trust Dr. Malone. He isn’t the only one who trusted the FDA while focusing on other things. Many of my “older” family and friends got vaccinated early on because they thought this was a real vaccine, like other vaccines. I sympathize with that. I almost got the shot a couple of times myself and then new information came out. Now I don’t plan to get the vaccine—ever.

    I am also a registered Democrat in a Blue state and voted for Clinton, Obama and Trump. Twice for Trump. Obama lost me when he said we should just get used to terrorist attacks because that is the way the world is. At this point I no longer consider myself a Democrat. I can’t condone lawless behavior, lies, what is happening in our large cities, and abuse of citizens like the Jan 6 detainees. I could go on and on. I won’t.

    This bunch of Democrats must go. I truly do believe that Dominion (at the direction of ????) manipulated the election and mail-in ballots were used to back-fill and cover up the changes. However, I won’t stop voting because I don’t think honest legislatures, like in Arizona, are going to stop investigating. If I don’t vote, that makes it harder to uncover the voter “fortification.” (Other words beginning with “F” come to mind.)

    I hope you find another hosting site. You are one of my favorites.

    Ja^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But obviously you didn't contribute to Zhou's basement campaign. That's the part that's really mystifying to me. After all we learned in four years about Zhou and his despicable son, to go so far as to contribute to making him occupant of the WH takes a special kind of out-of-touchness. Or so it certainly seems to me. Contributing is something not that many people actually do and it signifies a political involvement--or at least a willingness to comply with expectations within that worldview.

      I'm glad he's with us and I hope this makes a difference in his overall life. It's a sign of hope that people can change their minds, because that's what we need--a change in hearts and minds.

      Delete
    2. After all we learned in four years about Zhou and his despicable son, and the whole crowd which installed him, and ....
      Yeah, it takes a special kind of out-of-touchness, which, alas, is all too common for the "educated".
      Yeah, we need a change in hearts and minds, but, unless it *soon* happens with key players w/in the DS, I fear that such changes in such folks as Malone are happening too slowly.

      Delete
  3. What’s interesting on the Ivermectin hit job, is the low credibility the US Government has.

    This poll at Althouse on how the poll takers doubt the official line on that Isis Drone Strike.
    https://poll.pollcode.com/88518274_result?v

    I’m sure something similar is happening on Covid.

    Credibility once lost, is hard to regain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I can't think of virtually any significant social or governmental institution that hasn't suffered a major hit to its credibility in recent years. And that will have implications for the future.

      Delete
    2. Consider the latest betrayal--the Intel non-report on Covid origins. Who would trust such outfits in future?

      Delete
    3. Agreed Mark; Inte. Comm is too politicized when it shouldn't be. Huge failure in our national security.

      Delete
  4. I’m not sure which is more laughable, the IC’a COVID origin report or their assessment that given Zhou’s bug out plan it’d be at least 90 days after we were gone before Kabul would fall to the Taliban.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just noticed that Malone tweeted a link to the same Mass Psychosis video you had a while back.

    https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD/status/1431693475293114368

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark Wauck, I think Malone’s change of viewpoint is sincere. I am going to guess he thought his views on COVID were just the truth and the attack response and censorship he got was a real wake-up call.

    AnanyMouse, Yes, things are changing at a glacial pace and that has risks that worry me too. I never liked Joey B, but his Regime has turned out to be radical beyond my worst expectations. I pray the exorcism comes quickly.

    Mikeyinfl, I just watched that video on Mass Psychosis, and it was frightening because I do believe leaders world-wide have lost their minds. Sadly, I have come to associate dysfunction, delusion and a complete lack of ethical boundaries with the left side of the political spectrum. I have even wondered if Zhou’s leadership hasn’t been part of the world-wide spread of the mental disease in the video. This is not a Democrat or Republican issue any more.

    Ja^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 2 cents on Malone as I had not followed him until recently is it's likely that he himself believes that he has a responsibility to help create this frankenstein monster. I've been watching his and Alex Berenson's twitter feeds and both are offering some amazing information which I've been reading and it makes a lot of sense. I also agree that he's gotten a taste of the nasty side of the left and fortunately he has the guts to stand up to it and not allow them to cancel him. For the sake of all of us, I hope he continues to lob big stones at the glass houses of tyrannical left.

      Delete
  7. Brother Ass: "All we ever have to go on when making such judgments is what we observe. And Barr’s was an award-winning performance. I, for one, was riveted by his appearances before Congress, the Federalist Society, Hillsdale College, etc. The treachery and deceit still stun me."

    Yes, I agree. Stunned is a good word. I thought he was a patriot and a gentleman.

    What corrupt, lying liars occupied and still occupy positions of power in our government. Our nation, our people don't deserve this.

    Anonymous joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Alex Berenson stepped over the Ministry of Truth's twitter line and got suspended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been challenging them and threatening lawsuits.

      Delete
  9. It's human nature to pick sides, root for a team, put too much faith into something / someone. It's part of the psychology of tribalism and wanting to belong.

    Its easy to ignore or deny what we don't want to see and takes a bigger person to admit to being duped but it's a big part of personal growth.

    As I get older, all of my heros have failed me. Probably the only politician that has not left my skin absolutely crawling is Ron Paul. Thay doesn't mean I agree with everything he's said or done in his career, it just means I can accept his explanations / logic and his personal faults. Classic liberalism (libertarianism) has its merits but sometimes ignores the fact you have to punch a bully in the nose.

    These days my heros are my immediate family and friends because I've been taken too many times over the years. Sure they make mistakes and do stupid things (as do I) but they are all good individuals who can round back to their own faults and make amends without a finger being wagged at them.

    Our country needs more individuals who are capable of not needing a side, team or party. Who will not simply just accept what they are given but will stand on their own morals, principles and beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. True dat.

    Every word.

    gda

    ReplyDelete