This is a grabbag of Covid related news--it covers a spectrum of issues.
1. To start with, here's an article that appears at Zerohedge. It addresses a finding that's been floating around for a while, regarding the long term effect of Covid the disease. But understand, as Dr. Robert Malone and others have pointed out--the vaccine side effects appear to mimic, as it were, side effects of the disease and that both are likely attributable to the effect of the toxic spike protein. That means that effects of the disease may also show up as long term effects of the gene therapy injections. In other words, supposing that the vaccine may protect you from these effects is simplistic at this point:
Recovered COVID Patients Suffering 'Significant Cognitive Deficits' According To Large-Scale UK Study
Malone himself has said that he has "long haul" Covid, and has experienced some of the neurogical effects--I believe he referred to his own experience as including "brain fog". For my money Bret Weinstein really hits the nail on the head with regard to this issue. The one way we know that can prevent these effects is early treatment. This is something that should be a no-brainer, yet for far too long the regime policy has been to make early treatment difficult to impossible:
A terrible development.— Bret Weinstein (@BretWeinstein) August 5, 2021
Assuming the result holds up, it's vital to determine how the emergence of cognitive deficits interact with early interventions and preventive measures. Sending people with Covid home to sicken in place (and to sicken others) never made sense. https://t.co/9IaFyk0Nmz
2. I've been waiting for this next issue to get the attention it deserves:
The article gets into the weeds regarding what the actual numbers are, but the bottom line is that vax mandates will have a very serious impact on a vast swath of people across the country. This is an outcome that liberals are ardently embracing--liberals everywhere are racing to voice their support for hammering the deplorable unvaxxed and unwashed masses, as they see them. Their hatred for these thought criminals who reject "settled science" or whatever, seemingly knows no bounds. In their fantasy world they see these mandates as punishing Trump voters. But of course, as is so often the case with liberals, the reality is different: the one demographic that will be most seriously affected will be African Americans.
Notably, and maybe this offers some hope for the rest of us:
3. It's all for the kids!
I covered this yesterday, but this article goes into even more detail--if you're interested in the Covid angle of government teachers maneuvering from having to return to ... teaching. Yeah, I know about Zoom and all. Don't make me laugh. Ground Zero for this latest political judo by the government teachers is Chicago:
"For The Sake Of The Kids" - Chicago Teachers Union Threatens No In-Person Education Due To "Immediate Threat" Of Delta
Amid all the detail, two lines from the demand letter the government teachers addressed to their subordinates in 'government' jumped out:
"new pandemic variants pose immediate threats to the health of all Chicagoans, but especially our unvaccinated student population."
"school communities need more than masking to ensure safety – especially as we continue to learn about the delta variant."
The first sentence intimates that as long as new variants develop--and we know that, in the nature of viruses, there will always be new variants--the potential for keeping schools closed will remain on the table. The second sentence subtly reinforces that point by suggesting that there will be an ongoing "learning" process regarding Dread Delta--for now, but likely including all new variants.
What a scam! But they're doing it for the kids! It's how the Prog "village community" comes together for the kids.
Note--as we have in the past--that the students most severely and negatively affected will once again be ... black kids. We've pointed this out several times, as repeated studies have confirmed this. As large a percentage as 1/3 of students in major metro areas simply dropped out. No doubt the spectre of shuttered classrooms is also behind the surge in homeschooling among blacks, but that's still too few students who will benefit. This won't end well, but what do Dems care?
4. ARR--Absolute Risk Reduction. That means This simple tweet by Malone provides background for #5:
COVID-19 vaccine efficacy and effectiveness—the elephant (not) in the room— Robert W Malone, MD (@RWMaloneMD) August 6, 2021
Absolute Risk Reduction = 1·3% for the AstraZeneca–Oxford, 1·2% for the Moderna–NIH, 1·2% for the J&J, 0·93% for the Gamaleya, and 0·84% for the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccines.https://t.co/cfqlETlzHJ
In other words, in the real world you're not at much risk from Covid no matter what your "risk" bracket.
5. Alarmism from Brandon Smith--but the problem is that, increasingly, alarmism appears to be common sense. That seems to be a corollary to the insight that, these days, the difference between conspiracy theory and proven fact is about six months. Smith is talking about the push for vaccine mandates and what's behind it. Just a few excerpts, but it's stuff you'd be foolish not to be considering. I was personally struck by the repeated refs to "phones"--which, in context, has to mean "smart" phones. It turns out that 85% of US adults own a smart phone. I'm part of the 15% that flies under the radar, so to speak:
Seems inarguable to me. Here's another chunk, but there's lots more:
The operative word above is "avid". Every day we see ever more gleeful and avid forecasts of the revenge that will be wrought upon the unvaxxed. How they'll squirm, how they'll suffer--oh, the joy of the Progs!
6. Did you hear the one about the medical professor who's calling for hate crime prosecutions against anyone who criticizes Fauci? As is usual, he stated at the end of his article that he had no conflicts of interest. What he omitted is that he has received nearly $10 million in grants from Fauci's NIAID. Really.
7. Finally, I'll toss this article into the mix, since it graphically illustrates the extent to which America is spiraling into an abyss of irrationalism. Notice that I don't say "irrationality". "Irrationalism" is intended to indicate a cultish embrace of irrationality in the name of a higher obedience and submission: