Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

UPDATED: Uh Oh!

 Just received this comment:


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Has A Scientist Discovered What's Behind The Vax B...": 

not necessary to post this -

when browsing to your site, Firefox has blocked me - as per Google, someone has reported your site as a deceptive site

there is an option to ignore and continue, which I did, and reported that this is not a deceptive site.

others may not know how to bypass the block

Frank 


Interestingly, that comment was accompanied in my Inbox by this:


This message seems dangerous

Many people marked similar messages as phishing scams, so this might contain unsafe content. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information.


Which I ignored.

UPDATE: This email I received is interesting. I mentioned in another post that I thought I screwed up earlier this evening and somehow deleted rather than published a post. However, I just received this email which explains things--a bit:


 Hello,

     As you may know, our Community Guidelines (https://blogger.com/go/contentpolicy) describe the boundaries for what we allow-- and don't allow-- on Blogger. Your post titled "Do You Identify As Vaxxed?" was flagged to us for review. We have determined that it violates our guidelines and deleted the post, previously at http://meaninginhistory.blogspot.com/2021/05/do-you-identify-as-vaxxed.html.

     Why was your blog post deleted?
     Your content has violated our Malware and Viruses policy. Please visit  
our Community Guidelines page linked in this email to learn more.


     We encourage you to review the full content of your blog posts to make  
sure they are in line with our standards as additional violations could  
result in termination of your blog.


     For more information, please review the following resources:

     Terms of Service: https://www.blogger.com/go/terms
     Blogger Community Guidelines: https://blogger.com/go/contentpolicy

     Sincerely,

     The Blogger Team


Here's that Malware and Viruses policy:


Malware and Similar Malicious Content: Do not transmit malware or any content that harms or interferes with the operation of the networks, servers, end user devices, or other infrastructure. This includes the direct hosting, embedding, or transmission of malware, viruses, destructive code, or other harmful or unwanted software or similar content. This also includes content that transmits viruses, causes pop-ups, attempts to install software without the user’s consent, or otherwise impacts users with malicious code. See our Safe Browsing Policies for more information.


I'm left guessing what my transgression actually was. The only thing I can come up with is that one of the links in the now deleted post triggered this in some way that isn't clear to me. I'm guessing that this process was triggered automatically, which in some ways is a relief.


29 comments:

  1. You have arrived.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except that I just did a fairly long post and it vanished. Maybe I just screwed up?

      Delete
  2. I fired up Firefox and tried it. Got the red page, but I received no option to ignore and continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a similar “deceptive website error” via Duck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the key seems to be what browser you're using.

      Delete
    2. I must have missed the excitement. Running Safari, which is super-cranky, and it said not a word. I think you are probably right, Mark. Some link went to a site suspected of planting malware. I am glad things like that are caught automatically. The alternative is not pretty.

      Delete
  4. I don't get that in my regular browsers, like Slimjet. Firefox users should maybe consider--for a variety of reasons--alternatives like Chromium?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shows up in Safari as well. I reported this as incorrect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I take it you were able to ignore and continue?

      Delete
  6. My wife tried on Safari and couldn't continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogspot is owned by Google.

    Download or export your blog before it's too late. Time to look for alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More censorship. I had to work hard to get on the site. You should sue someone.
    Cheese

    ReplyDelete
  9. The google red page shows up in Brave; after clicking "details" on the red page, I get a second red page with 'continue'. Clicking continue brought me here.

    Citizens Free Press has the google red page on some of its links as well.

    mso

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, I don't know. I am able to access your blog via Duck and Firefox no problem and with no msgs. Also able to access via Brave (a Chrome clone). Also tried via a couple of different VPN IP addresses and Firefox - no problem. Given all that, the e-mail seems to me to be highly suspicious. However, I should note that searching for the "A Scientist Discovered What's Behind..." column specifically does not return results via either Duck or Startpage. Could be the crawlers have not creeped yet. But again, no msgs. Hope this is of some help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happens in Chrome too, unsurprisingly. Download everything to a teribyte drive to make sure Google doesn’t “Parler” you. That way you’re covered.

    Boarwild

    ReplyDelete
  12. Using Brave with duck duck go as the search engine. No issues or strange messages so far.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm. Seem to be back. Tried Firefox and Safari--OK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FWIW, browsers that might be good for this sort of thing are Falkon and Iridium. Both Chromium based.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only got the red page warning once. After I clicked through, and reported the site was not a deceptive site, I never got the warning again.

    I have gotten the warning from time to time on other sites in the past though, and depending on the site, either click through or not.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've read this happened to Don Surber and Doug Ross too.

    - michaelt

    ReplyDelete
  17. This seems like a concerted effort aimed at patriot sites. Ive gotten similar blocks on Bayou Renaissance Man and Raconteur Report. Verrrrry suspicious. All on Chrome browser so am in process of moving favorite sites to Duck Duck Go and Brave.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As an afterthought, i wonder if it makes sense for patriot bloggers to use email as a publishing vehicle? Or at least as a supplement to the site? In some ways it's easier to share emails than websites and if the gangsters know that their tyrannical suspensions don't work bc you can just email offending posts to your subscribers, they may leave off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The warning seems to only discuss viruses and malware.

    Perhaps some "bug" has attached itself. Maybe try running a scan with some anti-malware programs?

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  20. This happened to a lot of sites, apparently:
    http://www.lmschairman.org/2021/05/something-about-new-feminism-blogger.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. My post has been reinstated as of early this morning:

      http://meaninginhistory.blogspot.com/2021/05/do-you-identify-as-vaxxed.html

      Delete
  21. Not sure if it is the same issue, but Don Surber had a similar issue. Item#14

    https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2021/05/highlights-of-news_0577946050.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete