Zerohedge lists Ten Things We Have Learned During the Covid Coup. Now, some of this isn't news, and some of it we knew about before Trump was elected, but in fairness I think it's true to say that the Covid Coup has brought all of this home to us--like a gut punch. Here are the headings:
1. Our political system is hopelessly corrupt.
2. Democracy is a sham.
3. The system will stop at nothing to hold on to its power and, if possible, increase its levels of control and exploitation.
4. So-called radical movements are usually nothing of the sort.
5. Any “dissident” voice you have ever heard of through corporate media is probably a fake.
6. Most people in our society are cowards.
7. The mainstream media is nothing but a propaganda machine for the system...
8. Police are not servants of the public...
9. Scientists cannot be trusted.
10. Progress is a misleading illusion.
I don't see much to argue about.
It's one of those "I wish they weren't right, but they are" lists.ReplyDelete
What ZH left for their readers is the calculation of just how much it will require to undo that list.
We could all add quite a few more to that list.ReplyDelete
11. The Uniparty is real. We live in a one party system that tolerates a few, very few backbenchers for now.
Rather than evading the issue with a long list of vague complaints, I will sum up:ReplyDelete
"The Democrat Plantation is the root of all evil."
I totally agree with all and add. We're not voting ourselves out of this!ReplyDelete
Reality isn't cynical, it's just reality. Too often the cynicism label is applied by those who just want to candy coat a belief system to no where.
My only complaint is the system is not corrupt, just the people who occupy the positions. Power does seem to attract the worse kind of people. I have always believe that the police are a necessary evil. Our trip down this line started with the Supreme Court grabbing power it was not entitled to hold.ReplyDelete
Conspiracy theories often turn out to be correct.ReplyDelete
REVEALED: White House Visitor Logs Reveal Fauci/Klain Situation Room Meeting After Gain Of Function Moratorium.
Very interesting. While on the face of it this seems to have been an Ebola conference, that doesn't mean GOF wasn't discussed.Delete
May 4, 2020:Delete
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the scientific face of America's pandemic response, dismissed the theory that coronavirus originated in a lab in Wuhan, contradicting the president and his Secretary of State in an escalating confrontation with China.
"The best evidence shows the virus behind the pandemic was not made in a lab in China," Dr. Anthony Fauci said in an exclusive interview with National Geographic published on Monday. "Everything about the stepwise evolution over time strongly indicates that [this virus] evolved in nature and then jumped species."
He added that he doesn't believe the alternate theory that someone discovered coronavirus in the wild, brought it to a lab and then it accidentally unleashed it on the public.