Kavanaugh was just the summer-stock rehearsal. That there was not a great outcry and "throwing down of idols" afterwards is telling. This is a symptom that the Republic is deeply corrupted, probably fatally so. What once was is gone forever.
Here's the full interview with diGenova (that's a much younger diGenova):
The interview starts out with discussion of Parnas and another Ukrainian we've discussed in the past in connection with Andrew Weissmann--Dmitry Firtash. The discussion then shifts to Adam Schiff and the War on Trump.
Here, lifted from TGP, is a partial transcript of diGenova's comments in that regard--“Democrats Have “Adopted the Nazi Version of – the ‘BIG LIE’ As a Way to Impeach the President!”
The transcript is partial. Even the excerpts leave some bits out. But I think the ideas are important to get out there and may extend them later.
At the 7:30 mark:
The Democrats didn’t win the 2016 election and so they’ve decided that they are going to try and nullify it by impeachment and this is nothing more than the Nazi version of…you know the Nazis had something called the ‘Big Lie’ which Joseph Goebbels put forth to convince people to hate the Jews and hate other people. That’s what the Democrats have done here. They’ve adopted the big lie as a way to impeach the President.”
At the 9:17 mark:
Let’s remember what this is about, they [the Democrats] know they cannot get the 67 votes to remove the President. So they intend to use this process to dirty up the President for the 2020 election and to dirty up the Senate Republicans in hopes of defeating enough Senate Republicans so that they can take over the Senate and then have full boar to impeach not only the President again after the election but to go after Brett Kavanaugh. This is why this election is so important. This is about the future of representative government.
At the 10:30 mark:
Our listeners need to understand that this is going to be the single most important election in 100 years because if the Democrats take over the Senate and keep the House, even if they lose the Presidency. The government that we know today will come to an end.
At the 15:05 mark:
Remember this is a suicide mission by the Democrats. They have given up everything. They don’t care anymore. They want to destroy Trump. They want to subvert the Constitution. They will do anything. The risks to them are worth everything.”
UPDATE: Terrific NRSC video that hits in its own way on some of the same themes:
Mini-Mike Bloomberg has apparently shifted his waste-a-billion ad campaign to the impeachment of President Donald J. Trump:ReplyDelete
Yeah, it's a crucial election, but if the Democrats take over the Senate, they will likely still lack the 67 votes to toss Kav.ReplyDelete
Them getting the W.H. is far more dangerous, since they'll then appoint shills into key D.S. etc. posts, to resume Obummer's effort to enslave/ destroy the GOP.
Very perceptive comment:ReplyDelete
>Remember this is a suicide mission by the Democrats...
>The risks to them are worth everything.”
1. The Democrats are in an echo chamber.
2. They are still used to GOPe that does not punch back, and acts like a junior partner, even when they win. Trump punches back, and holds a grudge.
3. The Democrats are used to a media that covers their outrageous extremist behavior, and a GOP that allows this. Trump goes around the media.
4. Democrats are offense only, and don't play defense well. With the GOP that did not attack, and only played defense, that strategy worked beautifully. Trump plays offense and defense.
5. The Democrats don't see yet, that Trump is changing the rules on what is acceptable in US Politics. He is destroying Overton Windows left and right, that the Democrats created on what is acceptable.
6. Democrats don't have any good alternatives. They have an internal faction that is far left, very vocal, that they need to placate. Social Media has grown their power. This includes people in the media and elite college graduates.
7. The Democrats have a history of successfully using lawfare to achieve their goals.
8. The Democrats have a history of being Lucy, to the GOP being Charlie Brown with the football.
9. Their are so many compromised politicians, pro deep state, Chamber of Commerce, the Federal Bureaucracy, the Democrats have little fear of retaliation.
10. Durham, I pray, may show how corrupt the attempt against Trump has been.
11. The Democrats need to keep on playing offense, so their internal corruption does not come out. RCP Has a scoop on the so called whistleblower that is bad.
Paul Sperry: Whistleblower overheard
Good points Ray, especially the central one that with the Trump led GOP and the Barr led DoJ this is a different game than they've been used to--for the reasons you go through.Delete
Sadly, all eleven are quite true, Ray. #10 is key. There must be some top-level indictments and revelations WELL BEFORE the upcoming election.ReplyDelete
The future of representative government is indeed at stake, but Barr/ Durham have a chance to buy the system much time, if they can tee off on the D.S. and its MSM shills.ReplyDelete
To add fuel to the fire from RealClear Investigations ...ReplyDelete
Granted, this is hearsay from anonymous sources, but there appears to be a trail militarily, at least, and another with Schiff himself.
Considering all that is known about this coup, yes, it is a coup, I am heavily inclined to believe this report credible.
"Barely two weeks after Donald Trump took office, Eric Ciaramella – the CIA analyst whose name was recently linked in a tweet by the president and mentioned by lawmakers as the anonymous “whistleblower" who touched off Trump's impeachment – was overheard in the White House discussing with another staffer how to remove the newly elected president from office, according to former colleagues.
A military staffer detailed to the NSC, who was seated directly in front of Ciaramella and Misko during the meeting, confirmed hearing them talk about toppling Trump during their private conversation, which the source said lasted about one minute. The crowd was preparing to get up to leave the room at the time.
“After Flynn briefed [the staff] about what ‘America first’ foreign policy means, Ciaramella turned to Misko and commented, ‘We need to take him out,’ ” the staffer recalled. “And Misko replied, ‘Yeah, we need to do everything we can to take out the president.’ “
While there's not much actually knew in the article, it does a terrific job of showing how the Establishment/Deep State has worked to expel Trump. It doesn't take much imagination to understand that this isn't necessarily something that started with Obama. Many of these people would have been working their way up under Bush.Delete