Lindsey Graham is white and he's enraged--or so he says--so I guess his reaction to the Dems' attempted bait and switch qualifies as White Rage. But, really, everybody under the sun knew this would happen. The Daily Mail (UK) summarizes:
Republican FURY at Baiden's infrastructure blindside: Lindsey Graham says president made the GOP look like 'f***ing idiots' by tying $1.2trillion deal to huge reconciliation package after 'suicide mission' negotiations
- Lindsey Graham said Baiden has made the GOP look like 'f***ing idiots' by publicly tying the infrastructure deal to whether his American Families Plan passes
- 'I don't mind bipartisanship, but I'm not going to do a suicide mission,' Graham said in backing out of the group of 11 Republicans supporting the bipartisan deal
- Baiden said Thursday after announcing a deal was reached: 'If this is the only thing that comes to me, I'm not signing it'
- But Republicans claim there was never any 'side deal' involving reconciliation
- Senator Bill Cassidy, one of the five Republicans who negotiated the deal, said he felt 'blindsided' by the all-or-nothing approach
- Baiden stepped out of the White House Thursday with a group of 10 senators from both parties to announce 'we have a deal' on an infrastructure package
- 'We made serious compromises on both ends,' Baiden said
- The deal amounts to $1.2 trillion in infrastructure spending over eight years
I suppose wising up is a better late than never thing, but in politics that is done in public there can be a price to pay for being late--in terms of credibility with your base of support. The look Graham describes so vividly is not what the GOP base is looking for, nor is it the kind of look that will attract independents. Having cooperated with the Deep State and the rest of the Establishment in ousting Trump, is this really the sort of fecklessness the GOPe is offering the American people?