Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

UPDATED AND REVISED: Rod Rosenstein: Standup Guy


REVISED: On reflection, I believe Techno Fog is mistaken and that "Boss" is NOT Trump, but rather AG Sessions. Subject to correction.

EXPLANATION: I believe the time frame--time elapsed since the Comey firing--is too short for Rosenstein and Mueller to have fully developed their strategy with regard to meeting with Trump--whether to meet, how to script it, etc. So I think the assurances are that Mueller needn't worry that Sessions has learned of Rosenstein's plans and so needn't worry that Trump could learn about Mueller's involvement before they've got their plan formulated.

Any way you slice, it's apparent that Trump had a target on his back from the day he rode down the escalator. The Establishment was determined that he wouldn't be president, and if by some fluke (in their view) he became president he'd be run out of office in short order.

You have to click a few times and follow the tweet to get the full content. The meeting was a total setup. We don't know the details of it, but probably sounding Trump out, looking for admissions on "obstruction" by firing Comey.



UPDATE: Per Judicial Watch:

In a May 16, 2017 email, sent the day before Mueller’s appointment, Rosenstein emailed former Bush administration Deputy Attorney General and current Kirkland & Ellis Partner, Mark Filip stating, “I am with Mueller. He shares my views. Duty Calls. Sometimes the moment chooses us.”

Disagree with me if you will, but I take this to mean that Rosenstein and Mueller agree that Trump must be removed. Interesting that Mark Filip is a partner at Kirkland & Ellis. That means he'd be well known to Bill Barr.

8 comments:

  1. Why this man isn't in leg irons and stripes is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right- Rosenstein is talking about Sessions. I think Rosenstein would have used "President" if he were talking about Trump since Trump isn't Rosenstein's line manager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think, or some circumlocution like #1 or Mr. Big or Orange Man, or something.

      He's still a world class creep. Do not turn your back on that guy.

      Delete
  3. “I am with Mueller." (5/16) Is there a timestamp on that e-mail? I’m curious if Rosenstein was writing literally, and whether that e-mail was sent before Trump met with the devious duo of Mueller & Rosenstein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wondered about that, too, since the meaning could work either literally or figuratively, or both. The answer is it was May 12, 2016, @ 9:15PM. The meeting with Trump wasn't until May 16.

      Delete
    2. Mark, apologize for asking you to do my legwork, but I was headed to sleep when I posted my query last night. The 5/12 "boss" email had the 21:15 timestamp. I checked JW, and the 5/16 "I'm with Mueller" email has a 15:45 timestamp. I did a brief internet search, but couldn't find a time for the Mueller-Trump confab, but all signs point to it having taken place in the afternoon/evening. I think Rosenstein was being literal, and if he wrote it before meeting Trump, then it all but confirms that from Rosenstein's perspective that meeting was in the furtherance of the investigation of the president.

      Delete